The Feather M13 is an NVMe SSD designed for Apple machines from Mid 2013 to Early 2019. Please review the full compatibility list below to check and see if the M13 is the right drive for you. Take Flight!
Whether you're looking to breathe new life into an old machine, or to level up your storage space, the M13 is the ultimate SSD upgrade. With speeds tested up to 1500/1000MBps Read/Write, the M13 can hit up to 2x the speeds of an Apple OEM drive!
And be sure to check if you have a machine that supports our Turbo SSD line, which can hit speeds up to 3100/2700MBps Read/Write!
Feather M13 utilizes the latest in PCIe NVMe technology, while still remaining the one of the most affordable storage solutions on the market. And we're constantly improving our designs, so you can always be on the cutting edge.
Feather was designed to be installed exactly like an Apple SSD. Simply open up your MacBook, install the new drive, and you're good to go! Want more than that? We have step-by-step instructions for installation available here.
All Fledging drives are assembled in Birmingham, Alabama, and are backed by a 3-year warranty.
Okay, so an SSD isn't very personable, but we sure are! Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team with any questions, technical issues, or sick bird memes you have.
The EMC number located on the bottom of the exterior of your Mac identifies your machine's SSD form factor. Please visit our Compatibility Checker to ensure you're selecting the proper Feather for your Mac.
Note: For further details on where to find your EMC number (See Image Below)
Please note that most machines are capped at 1500/1500MBps read/write and will not be capable of fully utilizing the max speeds of M13. The following are the Apple machines that do not have this restriction.
Dimensions: 3.5 x 0.9 x 0.1 inches
Weight: 0.96 ounces
Apple machines require a firmware update (boot ROM version) to detect NVMe SSDs.
Performing an install/upgrade to at least High Sierra 10.13. 1 prior to installing the M13 will update the necessary firmware.
If you do not have a functioning drive to perform this update, we have installation kits for rent available here.
- iMac Models 14,1 14,3 14,4 and 15,1 are capped at 700MB/s
- Please note that an iMac replacement is a complex procedure that can take many hours.
- Thusly, we recommend using iFixit's wonderful guides and support for upgrading the SSD in your iMac, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro.
- Ready to take this operation on? Here is how to find your guide:
- 1) Visit www.ifixit.com
- 2) Scroll over "Fix Your Stuff" and click "Repair Guides"
- 3) Search your device's name and "SSD replacement", such as "iMac 2017 SSD replacement"
- 4) Find the right guide for you.
- 5) Install your Fledging Feather and begin to live the good life.
- The Feather M13 is not an Apple OEM drive
- All drives come pre-loaded with High Sierra 10.13.6
- Warranty is void if the barcode label on the drive is tampered with or removed
- Drive appearance may vary from photo, as we are always improving our designs
And you can always, always, always ask us:firstname.lastname@example.org+1 (205) 240-6047Mon.- Fri. 9-5PM CST
I bought this drive as a replacement for the fusion drive in my iMac and it doesn't disappoint. Everything is much faster and buttery smooth. The drive itself is of high quality and is a terrific value. I would definitely purchase a Fledging drive again.
I owned apple computers since 1988. This was the easiest upgrade to date. 15 minutes to open, change the SSD, close may machine. It worked perfectly. I transferred my data with Time Machine. 128 GB to 512 GB so fast and so reasonably priced. Thanks Fledging.
SSD installed easily. Had to download Mojave from the internet before Time Machine would restore the files to the new SSD. I highly recommend Fledging Feather SSD. :)
Thanks to Dan who helped get me up and running after I didn't quite understand the BootROM situation. 10/10 would recommend again.
Installed in an iMac 27" retina late 2014 model without problems. No issues so far after a few days!