In order to read the fastest NVMe drives, you'll need the latest boot ROM version. Apple has made this update available only by performing a clean install of High Sierra or Mojave, while an Apple drive is installed internally. If you do not have access to an Apple drive, this kit includes everything you need to perform this updates: Apple SSD, Mojave USB Installer, screwdrivers.
There is a $10 fee for using this kit. Upon returning, only $90 will be refunded. If you are a regular buyer and plan on using it in the future, you are welcome to keep it but please let us know so that we can plan on having enough for others to share.
At this time we cannot offer free return shipping for international orders.
Directions for using the installation kit:
- Power off your Mac and remove back screws
- Put the Apple OEM SSD that comes with the kit in your machine
- Plug in the USB that came with the kit into your Mac
- Boot up using the USB installer by holding down option after you press the power button until you see a boot menu
- Click on "Install Mojave," that is the USB that you are booting too
- Follow the on-screen instructions to re-install Mojave onto the Apple OEM SSD
- Shut off the computer once you have successfully installed Mojave onto the Apple OEM SSD
- Re-install your Feather SSD in the machine
- Take flight!
Let us know if you have any questions along the way by contacting email@example.com!All the best,Fledging Team
Worked Great! Thank you for this solution!
Had a slight issue called them immediately they took care of it
This kit was fantastic, worked perfectly. It was very easy and allowed me to bring a Macbook Air with no hard drive back to life and now runs the latest OS.
Worked perfectly with excellent support Thank You .
Returning it is a little confusing, just contact Fledging, as soon as you get it, about returning it.