The Feather M13 Turbo is an NVMe SSD designed for select Apple machines from Mid 2015 to Early 2019. Please review the full compatibility list below to check and see if the M13 Turbo is the right drive for you. Take Flight!
The M13 Turbo takes all the ingenuity of the M13 and cranks it to 11. With speeds tested up to 3100/2700MBps Read/Write, the Turbo truly elevates your Apple machine to new heights.
Feather M13 Turbo utilizes the latest and best in PCIe NVMe technology, without breaking the bank. And we're constantly improving our designs, so you can always be on the cutting edge.
Feather was designed to be installed exactly like an Apple SSD. Simply open up your MacBook, install the new drive, and you're good to go! Want more than that? We have step-by-step instructions for installation available here.
All Fledging drives are assembled in Birmingham, Alabama, and are backed by a 3-year warranty.
Okay, so an SSD isn't very personable, but we sure are! Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team with any questions, technical issues, or sick bird memes you have.
The EMC number located on the bottom of the exterior of your Mac identifies your machine's SSD form factor. Please visit our Compatibility Checker to ensure you're selecting the proper Feather for your Mac.
Note: For further details on where to find your EMC number (See Image Below)
Dimensions: 3.5 x 0.9 x 0.1 inches
Weight: 0.96 ounces
Apple machines require a firmware update (boot ROM version) to detect NVMe SSDs.
Performing an install/upgrade to at least High Sierra 10.13. 1 prior to installing the M13 Turbo will update the necessary firmware.
If you do not have a functioning drive to perform this update, we have installation kits for rent available here.
- iMac Models 14,1 14,3 14,4 and 15,1 are capped at 700MB/s
- Please note that an iMac replacement is a complex procedure that can take many hours.
- Thusly, we recommend using iFixit's wonderful guides and support for upgrading the SSD in your iMac, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro.
- Ready to take this operation on? Here is how to find your guide:
- 1) Visit www.ifixit.com
- 2) Scroll over "Fix Your Stuff" and click "Repair Guides"
- 3) Search your device's name and "SSD replacement", such as "iMac 2017 SSD replacement"
- 4) Find the right guide for you.
- 5) Install your Fledging Feather and begin to live the good life.
- The Feather M13 Turbo is not an Apple OEM drive
- All drives come pre-loaded with High Sierra 10.13.6
- Warranty is void if the barcode label on the drive is tampered with or removed
- Drive appearance may vary from photo, as we are always improving our designs
- UPC codes
- M13 256GB T 850016638229
M13 512GB T 850016638236
M13 001TB T 850016638243
M13 002TB T 850016638250
And remember you can always drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
+1 (205) 240-6047
Mon.- Fri. 9-5PM CST